#5 - The breakfast club
Wednesday, July 19, 2006
Five days to countdown...

For the past weeks, I have been religiously waking up earlier than what my body was used to and cooking breakfast for Mr. Frost.

You must be saying, "You're his wife, what's the big deal?"

The thing is, I am not a morning person. My body demands that I get up at 11am in the morning, at the earliest. I have never prepared breakfast for anybody, even for myself, in my entire life before Mr. Frost and I got together. "Breakfast" wasn't even in my vocabulary before Mr. Frost and I met.

I got used to waking up to the breakfast Mr. Frost prepared for me. I have gotten used to being pampered and cared for by Mr. Frost when we wake up. I have gotten used to being his princess in the mornings. Not that Mr. Frost doesn't take care me anymore nor am I his princess no more. Because I still am the luckiest woman alive to have him as my devoted, loving husband.

Don't get me wrong, because I am definitely NOT complaining. I realize that I enjoy doing it. In fact, I love doing it that I actually look forward to waking up early in the morning. I have been "turned."

When we went grocery-shopping last weekend, I was excited picking up stuff to munch on at the office. But that excitement lasted only a couple of aisles.

I was giddy like a horny cat on a hot tin roof when I thought about the stuff I would need in preparing breakfast for Mr. Frost. And I can't wait for Monday to come so I can start doing my "magic." So I can see the look of appreciation on Mr. Frost's face upon tasting what simple meal I have prepared for him. And that look makes me realize that waking up early doesn't sound so bad at all.

I'm sure this is just the start. A lot changes will still come, and as long as they make the Frost family happy, I will welcome them with open arms.

(I have to indulge myself in the happiness I'm feeling right now because I'm sure that there will be changes in my life that I wouldn't be happy about, then I have the memory of this moment to look back on. )
 
's thoughts were ambushed at 8:41 PM


1 wisecracks:


  • At 6:47 PM, Blogger chuching's ambushed thoughts were:

    i used to wake up early and cook breakfast for my papa harvs too...pero it lasted mga six months lang ata. hahaha.