The killer named Cancer
Sunday, January 20, 2008
The father of an officemate recently passed away due to Lung Cancer. About half of the company are smokers, so it wasn't surprising that the usually-full smoking area was almost empty the day that heard the news. For one day, people were conscious of their cigarette smoking and became concerned of their health. The next day, there was no vacant seat in the smoking area again.

On my part, I began to think about the cancer history in my family and thought about the chances of me getting one. My maternal grandmother died of Breast Cancer. They sayif somebody in your family acquired it, the chances are bigger that you'll get it. It's one of those medical illnesses that runs in the family. I'm not sure how accurate that information is, but it won't hurt to be extra careful.

I believe my dad underwent treatment for Prostate Cancer several years ago. I'm 95% positive that women don't get prostrate cancer, but I have a son who might inherit it if it runs in the family too.

I need to do more research on these things. I'm not getting any younger and if I'm going to protect myself from these dreaded diseases, what better time than now?

Labels:

 
's thoughts were ambushed at 1:06 AM


0 wisecracks: