For those about to rock...
Thursday, June 01, 2006
Last night, I gave Mr. Frost a well-deserved treat: a night out with Nocturnal Sun, who has been inviting us incessantly to go and watch alternative bands with him.

First, they had a couple of drinks at 6.5 with several officemates while I stayed at my workstation to mull some things over (If you take an Oriental person and spin him around several times, does he become disoriented? What hair color do they put on the driver's licenses of bald men? If Fed Ex and UPS were to merge, would they call the resulting company Fed UP?).

Then Nocturnal Sun dragged us to 6Underground, which was closed. So we went SaGuijo.

It's a tiny house that the owners turned into a bar where kids go to watch alternative bands play. And when I say "kids", I mean young people who were born in the late '80s and early '90s. Kids who grew up knowing that "emo punk" is a genre of rock. Kids who have a twisted idea of what rock really is.

Anyway, the first band was interesting. The vocalist was a Joan Jett wannabe. The drummer was the "youngest of the ex-dictator's brood" (FHM May 2006). The guitarist was a cross between a gay, a geek, and a frustrated coño boy. I didn't see much of the bassist, but Nocturnal Sun said she was hot. And don't ask me about their music. Please, I beg of you.

Thanks to the second band, our expedition was not a total waste of time.

Sandwich was much, MUCH better. They've been around for quite a while now so, as Mr. Frost said, they SHOULD be good. He also said that, and I agree with him, Raymund Marasigan has the makings of the legendary Pepe Smith. And that is a good thing.

Anyhoo, the small place was so crowded I just wanted to get out of there and be able to breathe. I almost fainted if not for the not-so-iced tea I had in my hands. The people craned their necks, stood on their toes, and inched their way to the front, but I stayed back near the bar. I love breathing way too much. Besides, I just want to hear the band play live. I wouldn't sacrifice breathing just to see them in person, I see those guys on TV all the time.

When we got home, I was hungry but was too tired to eat (and I didn't know what I want to eat). I was ready to ask Mr. Frost to do what little laundry I still have to do when he hugged me and thanked me for letting him unwind. That and one kiss gave me all the energy I need to do the laundry AND play one game on the PC.

The heat, the hunger, the exhaustion... All forgotten...

I gotta stop now before I get all mushy again. I might not be able to stop myself and give Mr. Frost a big wet kiss right now, in the middle of his meeting.
 
's thoughts were ambushed at 4:03 PM


0 wisecracks: