What you can do to get emergency cash
Wednesday, March 05, 2008
Here comes another thing to think about.

I'm pregnant and due to give birth in a couple of weeks, right? Now, at this point, I should already have been able to buy baby stuff that we need to bring to the hospital come delivery day. When I was pregnant with my first son, my hospital bag was packed and I was ready to be rushed to the hospital at least a month before my due date. I was ready to give birth because my government maternity benefit was released on time.

Now, I just found out that my maternity benefit will be processed after I give birth, and the amount will depend on my manner of delivery, normal or caesarean.

I'm not really worried about not being able to pay the hospital bills because I am blessed to be able to give birth in an efficient hospital with unbelievably low fees and charges.

Anyway, I was kinda expecting to use my maternity benefit to buy the baby stuff I need, which isn't really that much because I got some hand-me-downs from my sister-in-law who gave birth last December. I still have kept most of the necessary stuff I used with my first-born, so I don't really need to buy a lot of new baby things.

Still, we need some cash for anything unexpected that might come up during that anticipated day. Something gave me the idea to go to Jewelry buyers and try to sell some jewelries. If only I have that much valuable jewelry to sell. All I have are some fancy stuff that were given as gifts and I doubt it would amount to even a few hundred bucks. I'm not a big fan of jewelries and until now, I didn't realize their value as investment.

I know somebody who got through an emergency by Selling Watches. Then again, I don't have many watches either. What few pieces I have turns to be not among the models that are accepted by watch buyers.

Somebody told me to try Diamond consignment transactions. Right. I wonder what made her think I own previous stones such as diamonds when she was the who jokingly called me too uncivilized for the finer things in life. :)

My last paycheck from my previous company is due to be released this week, though, so we're not totally penniless. My estimate on the amount of the check is enough for the necessary hospital fees. It's just that I was relying on my maternity benefit to cover most of our childbirth expenses because that's how we did it last time and we didn't have any problem. It was convenient, actually.

Oh well. That's how life goes. Wish me luck. :)

Labels: ,

 
's thoughts were ambushed at 11:40 AM


1 wisecracks:


  • At 5:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous's ambushed thoughts were:

    Best of luck to you - warm thoughts from cold Norway...